Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Return of the Blog of the Living Dead


I’m back.

I resisted doing the “Poltergeist” thing, because it really doesn’t translate that well into print, and also because after 30 years it’s a pretty tired cliché. (I include the picture here here so you can imagine it for yourself if you like.)

If anything attests to the durability of the Internet, it’s that this blog site is still here. Because as you can see (if there’s any “you” there to see it), I haven’t posted anything here in a year.

It’s not that I got tired of it. I enjoy the whole blogging thing, and putting in art and links and all that stuff. It was fun.
But I’d check up on entry after entry and there would be nary a comment from anybody. Zip. I don’t know for sure that the absence of comments meant nobody was reading it, but I began to get the distinct impression that “Currents” was the proverbial falling tree, and nobody in the vast Internet forest was there to hear it.

Then I decided: What the hell. There are some things you can do and not care if anybody else knows. (There are some things you do and hope nobody knows.)

So if you happened to hear this tree fall, check out some of my postings over the last couple of years, and you’ll have some idea of what to expect. And if you have some opinion to offer, blast away. I plan to check in regularly.
Whether anybody else does or not.

2 comments:

Joann Locascio said...

I have read your blog posts and think they're great! Very much in line with my views on most things. I guess that would scare some people. LOL Oh well.

I look forward to your future posts. If you haven't yet, you should check out Dick McMichaels blog!
http://dicksworld.wordpress.com/

Enjoy the rest of your week!
JL

Dusty Nix said...

Joann:

I've visited Dick's site. Good stuff. Best --d